Monday, August 07, 2006

Phantoms


Phantoms, Entry I.

When I was a boy, my mum or my dad took me to a bank or something. The floor was a hard, reflective surface and so it looked as if there was nothing to walk on whatsoever. I mean, being a little kid, I was absolutely terrified that if I took a step off the black marble tiles near the entrance to the building that I would fall into some ominous chasm. I probably pulled a Dante and swooned shortly afterwards, since I don't remember any more of what happened after that. The point is, I'm just glad I've been privileged enough to have led a happy childhood and that I can look back fondly on some little moments of disarming innocence.


Thoughts:
Lucrative Career Alternatives: Anyone can be a poet, but can you put the pen to paper and make it sing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home