Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Zombies: Live at Irving Plaza, 9/21/06


I just got back from seeing The Zombies, one of my favorite bands of all time. I'll admit that I was a bit skeptical about buying a ticket for the night, since they're so old now and I was worried they wouldn't put on such a good show, but thankfully I made the right decision.

They played an awesome set including tunes by The Zombies, Argent, and Colin Blunstone. My personal highlights were the night's opener, "I Love You," the achingly beautiful "A Rose for Emily," the incomparably soulful "Just Out of Reach," and the colossal "God Gave Rock and Roll to You."

If you don't know The Zombies, they're famous for the outstanding hits, "Time of the Season," "She's Not There," and "Tell Her No." They made only two albums, Begin Here and Odessy and Oracle, the latter being their masterpiece, which I think is on an equal footing with many of the decade's best albums.

If you get the chance to see them, don't listen to what your friends say about them being "dinosaurs" ;) and go!

Peace!

S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home